Franchising Association of India
The Franchising Association of India (FAI) is an industry association for the $4 billion franchise sector growing at a rate of 25-30% annually in India, representing franchisees, franchisors and service providers to the sector.
It was formed in the year 2001 as a not-for-profit industry association, with the following objectives:
- To establish standards of international best practice in business format franchising for Indian franchise systems.
- To provide information and education about franchising to existing and potential franchisees and franchisors.
- To educate state and central government on issues relevant to the sector.
Since year 2001, these objectives have been further expanded to include the following:
- To develop a vital, strong and financially viable franchising sector;
- To advance the interests of members in India and in special interest markets such as the international franchise community;
- To continually foster among consumers, governments and the business community, a broad-based understanding of the economic importance of having a strong franchising sector in India.
- To design efficient, identified value-added services to members and assist them to be more effective in franchising.
- To provide opportunities to members for showcasing their expertise and business opportunity through officially supported franchising events.
- To provide information to its members on developments in the sector(s) through its publication and newsletters.
As the peak body for franchising, the FAI continues to add value to the businesses of its members by providing a range of services relevant to franchising and which represent good value. The FAI recognizes that its members have different needs, and that different types of members should Co-exist harmoniously. The success of franchising depends on successful franchisors, and this in turn, depends on profitable and happy franchisees. The Franchising Association of India works constantly to ensure that all activities and services which benefit franchising will benefit the broader community including franchisees, franchisors, employees and their local economies and communities.
Membership of the Franchising Association of India is voluntary, and is open to any organization or individual involved in the franchise sector, including franchisees, franchisors, lawyers, accountants, banks, consultants, academics, and publishers.
For more information on FAI Membership and how to join, please visit the website www.fai.co.in.
The FAI is a nationally incorporated not-for-profit association with its head office in Mumbai and regional office in New Delhi. FAI has formed various committees for increased participation of the members in developing the franchising industry and respective sectors.
FAI is member of World Franchise Council and is affiliated with franchising associations around the world.
The Franchising Association of India (FAI) is an industry association formed about a decade ago, committed to strengthening and promoting the best practices in franchising. Providing educational programs, FAI also offers marketing services and networking opportunities that bring together the top creative thinkers and franchise veterans to talk about the most important issues affecting franchising.
FAI is a member of World Franchise Council and associated with franchising associations of other countries.
FAI members are franchisors, franchisees, vendors, consultants, financial institutions and entrepreneurs formed with objectives of acting as the resource centre for current and prospective franchisors, franchisees, the media and the Government. Through the hard work and dedication of its team of volunteers, FAI organizes and produces several product lines committed to providing information about franchising.
The seminar series features annual events that attract potential franchisees trying to learn about buying a franchise, franchisors looking for advice on how to improve their business and entrepreneurs interested in franchising their business.
FAI is the best place for professionals to meet their counterparts in other franchise systems and businesspeople offering services in their field. By joining the association, member franchises and service providers get their name out in the community and particulars for new franchise systems and helps build a reputation among their peers. FAI provides opportunities for these businesses to seek complementary business associates to form strategic alliances.
The association provides members opportunities to showcase their expertise through officially supported FAI events. By providing these opportunities to members, the association is fulfilling an important mandate to promote the benefits of franchising to the public by creating forums for the most highly regarded professionals and experts in the industry.